Male turkey squats for me.

Krivera5

Hatching
Dec 8, 2018
Hi, I cannot seem to find any information on this topic and was hoping someone in this group could help. I have a male turkey about 9 months old who does a submissive squat whenever I walk by. I am 90% sure it is in fact a male and he is incredibly docile and rarly puffs up. I am not sure what this means since it's rarly seen in roosters let alone a turkey.
Can someone please explain this behavior.

Attachments

• IMG_20181202_185822_1.jpg
    IMG_20181202_185822_1.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 84
Hi, I cannot seem to find any information on this topic and was hoping someone in this group could help. I have a male turkey about 9 months old who does a submissive squat whenever I walk by. I am 90% sure it is in fact a male and he is incredibly docile and rarly puffs up. I am not sure what this means since it's rarly seen in roosters let alone a turkey.
:welcome
Post pictures. It would not be the first time someone misidentified the sex of their turkey.

Hi, I cannot seem to find any information on this topic and was hoping someone in this group could help. I have a male turkey about 9 months old who does a submissive squat whenever I walk by. I am 90% sure it is in fact a male and he is incredibly docile and rarely puffs up. I am not sure what this means since it's rarly seen in roosters let alone a turkey.
That is definitely a hen and the squatting is normal for a hen that is submitting for breeding.

Hens can and do display just like toms do.

Welcome to BYC!

I agree with the others, you have a hen. And it's been my experience that once they start squatting for people the usually start laying eggs in 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom