Mallard drake?

The Duck Dad

Songster
Nov 7, 2020
Oconomowoc Wisconsin
so i have two mallards and they are both around 2 1/2 months old. I can't tell if they are both hens or if one is a drake. I was hoping some of you could help. Thanks! S1960003.JPG S1960007.JPG S1960005.JPG S1960006.JPG The two pics on the top think is a drake and the two pics on the bottom I think is a hen

I can tell you the second picture is a hen . The bottom photo the beak says drake . Does it have curled feathers in the middle of it's tail ? In most cases the beak on mallard drakes are all green , with the hen tan on the sides . The sex feathers on drakes are in the middle of the tail, close to the oil gland usually they have two . Does this help any ?

Last edited:
I can tell you the second picture is a hen . The bottom photo the beak says drake does it have a curled feathers in the middle of it's tail ? In most cases the beak on mallard drakes are all green , with the hen tan on the sides . The sex feathers on drakes are in the middle of the tail, close to the oil gland usually they have two . Does this help any ?
neither of the ducks have curls

Back
Top Bottom