Mallard Duck Egg Prices

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I found an ad on Craigslist where someone was selling hatching eggs. Seems like the price is kinda low huh?
hmm.png
What do you think?

Ducks, Ducklings & Duck Eggs (New Orleans, West Bank)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-01-30, 8:10AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have mallard ducks, mallard ducklings (4 days - 2 weeks old) and fresh mallard duck eggs for sale.
Located in New Orleans on the West Bank, delivery possible.

Mallard Ducks - $12.00 each
Mallard Ducklings - $5.00 each
Duck Eggs (eating) - $5.00 doz
Duck Eggs (hatching) - $7.00 doz

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2187953444​

Can't necessarily say, ducklings should be round 4/4.50 and you have to remember the eggs are just maybes, you might not even be successful hatching any, but if you are it would be a lot cheaper than buying that many ducklings, then again you never know how many of each sex that way either. just a thought....

Last edited:
it seem high for my area

mallard ducks 6.00 to free mostly free
duckling are always 2.00-3.50
eatting eggs 3.00 mostly 2.00
hatching eggs 6.00

mallards in my area are mostly easter throw aways. noone really breeds them. most are taken out of the wild.

I sell mallard ducklings for $2 each at fur and feather swaps. Wholesale price for eating eggs would be $3 per dozen.

These ducks are nothing special. People buy them for pond art. If they fly away when winter comes, so much the better.

I must disagree!!! Mallards are spectactular ducks!!!! We breed snowy and grey, and have had whites and I will never be without some of them. They are wonderful little mothers, exceptional broodies, and at times, they are the most comical birds around. We've shown them since 2003, and I have to say although most shows don't have a lot of these particular birds entered, the birds that normally do come are quite nice, and I've seen more than a couple of them, that have even beaten out those Calls and East Indies for Champion Bantam Duck! We normally sell young pairs for between 15.00-30.00 per pair and adult birds for around 25.00-40.00 depending on quality. Hatching eggs are usually 12.00 for 6 plus the cost of shipping. I never say that anyone has to buy our birds, but normally if I have birds available, they sell quickly, I think those prices sound fair, but its all relative. I would and have paid 50.00 for a nice pair of snowys, and I think I gave 35.00 for a pair of Greys once. Other times I have gotten really nice drakes for free, just because they were drakes. I have a grey out in my pens right now that is probably one of the best grey males I've ever owned, and he was free because he was a male.
K&S

Last edited:
I know MI. has lots of Mallards but I have to disagree my 3 mallards are like my children; they pee,poop and play and act nothing more than a child. They are a living thing like you and I and they are not just a peice of "Pond Art" they are something special something that "we" love, Thank You

I don't think calling mallards pond art is bad, I love watching them on the pond doing there displays. Every one sells them around here as ducklings for no more than $4 as the supply greatly outways the demand. And I can understand that for show quailty or regular quality bird prices will difer from area to area. Kuntrygirl remeber it should be based on the price your willing to pay, and with a greater quantity of birds being sold you ciuld possibly hagler to an even lower price.

Maybe I'm weird....we have TONS of wild mallards around here...and I bought three domestics myself.I do love to see them in the wild,and having them in my backyard as pets is a bonus.I agree that they are somewhat commonplace but they are beautiful and full of fun,nonetheless.As for the "pond art" , I see what you mean,they are beautiful and fun to look at.I personally do NOT want mine to leave during the winter( so they are penned just in case and for safety) but I guess some do.I bought mine here for about 4 bucks as day olds...not sure about the eggs...haven't gotten any yet!

Back
Top Bottom