Mallard Eggs day 30 and no internal or external pip. HELP!!!

Ducklove1202

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2016
I had found an abandoned duck egg at my bus stop and took it in (June, 7, 2016). After doing research and candling, it was around day 7. It is now July, 7, 2016 and no signs of any internal pipping! When I candle it i can see small movements. I had also done the "float test" and the results showed that he was still alive. The air cell is growing normally and is not to small. We have a homemade incubator (cooler with heat lamp) and it seems to be working just fine. We also have a small dish of water to keep the humidity correct. It is not wiggling in the incubator either. What now? Will he survive? Im so worried!
fl.gif
(Sorry for bad Pictures)

Are you sure it is a Mallard egg? Could it be Muscovy? They take longer to hatch (35 days.) If you are certain it is a Mallard, you might have been off a day or so on your original estimate or if your temperature ran low it will take longer to hatch.

The last few days of incubation are the hardest on the little ones. Seeing movement when candling is encouraging. If the egg isn't rocking yet then it hasn't gotten into position to pip internally.
fl.gif
for you. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Yes I am POSITIVE It was a mallard, heres a picture

Is it possible that she could be sitting on some muscovy eggs? The egg looks kinda big for a mallard.

Back
Top Bottom