Mallard Eggs day 30 and no internal or external pip. HELP!!!

I'm on mobile, so its hard to judge the pics, but it looks like an awful lot of clear fluid below the membrane, and I dont see alot of veins. Lack of veins could mean they have all been absorbed though. It definitely looks like drawdown though, which happens right before hatch.

Unless you plan to assist, I'd just wait it out. Hatch times are estimates and with a broody, it's still hard to tell, depending on how much she was on and off the nest. When you found then cold, that also sets things back. I'd just hold tight and wait.... And Be aware of any odors.

Dipped air cell can mean duckling is getting ready to hatch. Have you seen any movement at all? I can usually see movement until about a week before hatch.

I stopped seeing movement 5 days ago, give or take. Does the air cell dip before or after internal pip?

I also wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you trying to help me! You have been so supportive! And I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me so much!
wee.gif

we have 15 mallards that we hatched in an incubator, our eggs were all green tinted and hatched out in 27-28 days. I kept the temperature right at 100°. 3 days before hatch out they started to peep inside the egg.

Back
Top Bottom