Mallard or Rouen Ducklings

asteele01

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
We were told these were mallard ducklings, but I want to get people's options. I have noticed that one of the ducklings is a lot more yellow in the face than the other. In the first picture the one standing is smaller than the one laying down. I know people say that 2 lines means Rouen and one line means mallard, but I know that is not always the case. If that were the case than that would mean the one standing would be a rouen and she is smaller than the one laying down with only 1 line.

There is some variability in eye striping, and size. When our eleven runners arrived, Elfie was tiny compared to the rest, and they were all the same age. She stayed about 2 weeks behind in development for about six months.

Hmmmm….

Here are some updated pictures. They are now 12 days old. Can anyone tell me if they are mallards or rouens. The one with 2 stripes is smaller than the one with 1 strip and dot under eye but they are the same age. The pekin in the picture is also 12 days old.

Here are some updated pictures of my Mallards (hoping they are mallards). They are still a lot smaller than my pekin, so I am thinking they should be mallards.

Back
Top Bottom