Lilchknmomma

Songster
Aug 12, 2020
So i guessed it was a he when i got him. Hes my 1st duck and the person i got him from was pretty vague when giving him to me. I noticed his head has some green but ive read that doesn't always mean its a drake. This week I noticed his belly turning grey so im convinced hes maturing and getting in his grown up colors also flew a few feet across the yard today at 7weeks. Am I right? Is it a drake?? or did I label him too soon and he's a she??? lol Anyone with ducks know the breed? Would I be getting eggs from him?
20200813_100039_145.jpg
20200813_095703_483.jpg
20200813_095310_444.jpg
20200813_095618_337.jpg
My trusty google image search has me between ruen or mallard and i have no idea. Thanks for any input

Hello and Welcome to BYC ! :celebrateBaby Howard is a she, your not the first to have trouble with identifying sex. Is she noisy? As for a Rouen or Mallard ? I still have trouble with that one myself ! :he Nice looking duck! :)

Females have a deeper more distinct quack lol almost sounds like they're annoyed at the world where males have the general monotone repetitive "duck quack".

female "quaaaaaaaaack quack quack" (loud)
male "quack....quack....quack"

So i guessed it was a he when i got him. Hes my 1st duck and the person i got him from was pretty vague when giving him to me. I noticed his head has some green but ive read that doesn't always mean its a drake. This week I noticed his belly turning grey so im convinced hes maturing and getting in his grown up colors also flew a few feet across the yard today at 7weeks. Am I right? Is it a drake?? or did I label him too soon and he's a she??? lol Anyone with ducks know the breed? Would I be getting eggs from him?View attachment 2288407View attachment 2288408View attachment 2288409View attachment 2288410 My trusty google image search has me between ruen or mallard and i have no idea. Thanks for any input
I am only seeing one stripe.... Mallard Hen. :)

Back
Top Bottom