MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

I have 1 mallard duck but the rest I am not sure what they are.
tongue.png

I took out the eggs out of the incubator. It has been seven full days and there was still no veins or embryo in there, just an orange cloud floating around. I might take and upload some pictures later

I took one of Zorro's eggs from her nest (I hope she can't count and doesn't notice) and put it in the incubator. She is laying her eggs in the duck basket.

You mean she is bathing like crazy? That's good she is coming out, as long as she doesn't stay out too long. If you know what day they will hatch I would separate the drake, but let him see the hen and ducklings through a wire fence or something. If he shows no aggression let him in with them, but stay there for a while to make sure he doesn't harm them. Some drakes love ducklings and some don't. 
thanks so much she's on her last few days I went out today and she had covered her nest completely up. She usually don't cover the hole nest. O yeah she's been getting twice a day this past week bathing eating and right back to her nest. Her man watches over her and her nest he's very protective. I've been keeping a real close eye on her.thanks

thanks so much she's on her last few days I went out today and she had covered her nest completely up. She usually don't cover the hole nest. O yeah she's been getting twice a day this past week bathing eating and right back to her nest. Her man watches over her and her nest he's very protective. I've been keeping a real close eye on her.thanks
Sounds like shes doing good! Can't wait for them to hatch!

So I rescued some wild mallard eggs, 10, from a charter boat, and all of them are alive and well in my incubator.so anyway I've hatched lots of different poultry before but never mallards and I was wondering what I should expect hatching-wise. Do they hatch well on their own? Should I be ready to intervene? I have hatched call ducks, but that's the only duck I've ever hatched. Also Is lockdown the same? and does anyone have any mallard-specific tips?

So last night I candled and they are making their internal pips. My understanding is that they take much longer to hatch than chickens do... But I'm already worried they'll get shrinkwrapped and never make the pip. the humidity is around 50. Should I change it?

Back
Top Bottom