MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

As long as you state it isn't yours, give credit when you can...
Yes, there are...

Drake on the right is my Pastel/Apricot Call... to get Pastel/Apricot you just need to add 2 blue genes to the Grey/Mallard color... for instance, Blue Fawn/Blue Mallard bred together produces Pastels, Blue Fawns and Greys...
Okay good. According to the duck genetic calculator, my sex-linked Buff/Mallard cross ducklings will produce some Apricots, some chocolates, some duskys, and many other colors. I might have to hatch a lot next year!

As long as you state it isn't yours, give credit when you can... Yes, there are... Drake on the right is my Pastel/Apricot Call... to get Pastel/Apricot you just need to add 2 blue genes to the Grey/Mallard color... for instance, Blue Fawn/Blue Mallard bred together produces Pastels, Blue Fawns and Greys...
Okay good. According to the duck genetic calculator, my sex-linked Buff/Mallard cross ducklings will produce some Apricots, some chocolates, some duskys, and many other colors. I might have to hatch a lot next year!
Best of luck.

That calculator is awesome... but it's also dependent on knowing what was bred to create the parent stock... slight differences can mean big ones in your calculations, lol...

Best of luck.

Sorry to invade the Mallard thread, buff... :oops:

That calculator is awesome... but it's also dependent on knowing what was bred to create the parent stock... slight differences can mean big ones in your calculations, lol...

Best of luck.

Sorry to invade the Mallard thread, buff... :oops:

Ravyn it's always nice to see you, no need for apologies lol .

My mallard ducklings and Easter egger chicks together. They like to sit on our stomachs.

Last edited:
@NathanZee probably. They are 1/2 mallard for sure, and if the father is who I suspect, then the ducklings are 3/4 mallard and 1/4 fawn/white runner I THINK. It will never be 100% certain that it was a runner who was the mother of the father since I have such a mixed flock, but judging by the egg shape and who was laying at the time we collected his egg, I'm pretty certain he's half runner. Either way, the babies are totally cute. I love rainbow ducklings lol

NathenZee I need some advice. Just little bit ago the mallards flew out if their pen! And were scattered around my house. What should I do?
Did they fly out the top of the pen or escape through the door then fly? Are you wondering how to get them back in, or keep them in in the future? If you need to keep them in for the future, netting the top of the pen if you haven't already would be relatively easy and cheap, plus it would add protection against hawks, eagles, etc. If they escaped through the door though, and you just need to get them in try setting out their favorite food, and slowly herd them back towards it.

Back
Top Bottom