MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
More Pyrrhos! The sneaky little devil is gone after breakfast, and back before dinner, lol. I'm not sure if she's flying out of the backyard, or if she just found a really good hiding place. I believe she's sitting on eggs.
She would act like that if she were sitting on eggs and would sit them at night once her clutch was at her desirable number.

Can y'all help tell if my ducks are mallards and not Rouens. ?
u3e3u6eh.jpg

Hi I haven't been on this thread for a while! ;) My mallard is doing good but about two months ago his best friend was killed. :( now he's not getting along very well with my two rouens and they tend to pick on him. I was planning on getting some ladies to help settle them down but I'm not ready for more ducks yet. I have all drakes two rouens and one mallard. Any ideas on what I can do to help him out? Thanks!

Can y'all help if my ducks are mallards and not Rouens. ?
u3e3u6eh.jpg

Pretty drakes but its hard to tell. Could you try and post pics where they are standing up maybe next to something else or with someone holding one? Thanks. They do somewhat look like mallards though but it could go either way. Also if they can fly really good they are mallards but if they barely get off the ground I'd say rouens. And another way to tell is when you pick them up, are they heavy or pretty light. My rouens are way heavyier and bigger then my mallard. They also cannot fly nearly as well.

Back
Top Bottom