MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
So what are these ducks? I have a feeling they are a mix. The female lays an egg a day but is not broody. My apologies for the quality of the picture. The male with the white ring has a green head and the other one a brown head.

Last edited:
So what are these ducks? I have a feeling they are a mix. The female lays an egg a day but is not broody. My apologies for the quality of the picture. The male with the white ring has a green head and the other one a brown head.

The one with brown head would be khaki campbell and the other 2 look like rouens.

I have a question, I have one malard male and I get worried about him being lonely. He grew up alone so he seems content with getting all his attention from people, but lately he seems kinda lonely I know part of it is because its mating season. Im just wondering if two males could get along together, I dont want to bring home a female and end up with a whole flock plus id be worried about how rough he'd be with her. Any advice? He's spoiled rotten and he loves it, he lives inside and he hates goung outside for longer than a few minutes.

well he wont be to bad on the female at all i had 1 male 1 girl they got along fine and then i got another male and female then my male duck was breeding the other male duck all the time causing himto go bold well i got ride of that male now i only got 2 female one male i would not get another drake just find him a girl and you wont have a whole flock you can take the eggs away they dont mind to much when you take them the females wont like it but they will forget about it i take my eggs from my females until it gets warm then let them set

I agree with the poster above about just taking the eggs. It's not like with dogs or cats where you end up with litters...just take their eggs every few days and you'll be fine. That being said, before I got my girls last year I only had two boys for about a year and they got along great. In fact, they probably scuffle more now that there are girls around.

Back
Top Bottom