MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
1st new baby hatched tonight. 8 others due in the next couple of days, 3 with pips and rocking and chirping. Can't wait to have mallards again. We lost ours early this year to evil predators. Will be keeping these babies in a vault! Pics to come soon.

Guesses on sexes? We are 7-8 weeks old now, we have 3 separate quackers and the other 3 are still peeping. Although Chuck Norris sounded raspy today

Babies resting in their run

Chuck Norris in the back (he was always the biggest) and Ms. Quackers (first one to quack)

Cupcake to the left and 3 others

love.gif

Guesses on sexes? We are 7-8 weeks old now, we have 3 separate quackers and the other 3 are still peeping. Although Chuck Norris sounded raspy today

Babies resting in their run

Chuck Norris in the back (he was always the biggest) and Ms. Quackers (first one to quack)

Cupcake to the left and 3 others

I have a friend that when he haves ducks, I tell him who is male and who is female.
I see the beak, if the coloured part is yellow, it's male and if it's orange, it's female. Always I guess it.

I have a friend that when he haves ducks, I tell him who is male and who is female.
I see the beak, if the coloured part is yellow, it's male and if it's orange, it's female. Always I guess it.
Muus is right. In the pic labeled Chuck Norris and Ms Quackers, it looks like you've got it right - Chuck's a boy and you already know Ms. Quackers is a girl. Not sure if the one to the far left on the bottom two pics is Chuck or not, but that's also a boy. With the others, it's a little hard to tell, but I'm thinking if they were girls they'd be quacking by now, so probably boys. Keep watching for the bill color to change, as well as listening for quacks.
thumbsup.gif
All beautiful babies, regardless of gender.

Yup, far left in last 2 is Chuck. I'm thinking Cupcake is a boy as well, he was the smallest but now Ms. Quackers is the smallest of the ducklings. Cupcake's bill is dark but not greenish like Chuck Norris. I told them last night I wanted a manly tough guy name for him and they said Chuck Norris....
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom