MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

That is actually very common, he might go after your feet but when you stop or turn around they stop it's actually funny almost like playing tag

Got a mallard question.. So my two boys who I got at 6months are finally starting to get used to us! Max let me pet him, they've ventured into the garage, and they come within inches without getting spooked! But Max has started one weird behavior, when Me or my boyfriend walk by him, he lowers his head and body and follows/chases after us quickly! I can't tell if he's following, chasing or trying to attack!! Has anyone else's Drakes done this!? Thanks for the advice!

Zehn is not a drake, but she has done this since she was two months old. She's teasing me, funning with me. Vier does it to me, too, and she's not a drake either. But they both are very outgoing, mischievous ducks.

Glad to know it's normal, whenever it rains I come outside the the biggest burrow holes ever in the hay and dirt! They love it.. I've been doing some gardening and making sure to toss the extra worms in their pen :) Here's a picture of my handsome boys Max and Shadow
[/IMG]

That is actually very common, he might go after your feet but when you stop or turn around they stop it's actually funny almost like playing tag

It is pretty similar to tag! He'll chase after me.. then I'll turn around and they'll chase back after me. It's so funny! Sometimes his mouth is open, sometimes it is closed. He doesn't ever seem mean.. but they are a little mischievous! Yesterday they finally got the bravery to go all the way thru the garage and into the house! Had to clean up some poops, but it was pretty fun! Anyone have any suggestions, or experience with duck diapers!?

I haven't my partner complain about the same issue pooh in the house. Put them in their environment clean up two seconds after them. He one of those neat freaks I have to make diapers for them.

Does anyone have a picture of a mallard duck egg? I find it hard to trust Google images. I got an egg yesterday I hope it's a duck egg. But it could be a chicken egg, but none of my chickens have ever laid an egg that looked like this.
It was also in a spot that my chickens don't normally lay.

Thanks a bunch. Mine seems small compared to the pictures I've seen so I'm not sure if it's because it's a first time layer or because it's actually a chicken egg lol.
I know my duck tends to hang out a lot in the area I found it. I guess incubate and only time will tell.

The size looks normal to me. She is a mallard, right?

If you want to incubate the egg, see if you can collect a few more first. So the ducklings (hopefully) won't grow up alone.

Is the picture from the same egg? Did you wash it? Duck eggs should never be washed because they have a thin layer of protective oil on them.

Back
Top Bottom