MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

My girls Thelma & Louise out flying this morning after eating. Just happened to get a good landing photo. So what do I have to measure to check size? Do I have to weigh them to see how big they are? If so where do I measure? I really am just curious if there mixes or not. I do know when they were in the coop and didn't fly they were a lot fatter, now they are starting to loose weight flying and I'm feeding them instead of leaving food out.

Hi, if they were a mix they probably wouldn't be flying. How long are they in the air for?

Oh and a other thing are there different colors on them?
263a.png

They usually do a good lap or two around the yard and they can get pretty high up, we have a huge yard not sure exactly how big but the chickens and ducks are free range all day. Maybe a few minutes or more I've seen them in the air, I don't know what they do when I'm gone but it's every morning and some times mid morning. There 13 weeks

Hi, if they were a mix they probably wouldn't be flying. How long are they in the air for?

Oh and a other thing are there different colors on them?
263a.png
I know that duck who is a bird if you are able to notice the wings is wanting me to hug her. Look at her cute body and firmly planted webs.

My girls Thelma & Louise out flying this morning after eating. Just happened to get a good landing photo. So what do I have to measure to check size? Do I have to weigh them to see how big they are? If so where do I measure? I really am just curious if there mixes or not. I do know when they were in the coop and didn't fly they were a lot fatter, now they are starting to loose weight flying and I'm feeding them instead of leaving food out.
Such sweet birds. All of them. I love the diversity of burd and the differing sizes of their bird bodies. Very cute if I may add.

Julie and her 9 babies in the pool

They are so big already!

Zorro with some of her babies

She has 5 brown and 5 black ducklings, not sure how that happened

Winnie is a big boy now. He already has a white collar because he is fancy like that. Minni Me and Ultra Zorro in the background. @Julie Bird
I LOVE YOU. 'because he is fancy like that" is hilarious. Winnie is adorable. He is big. Look at him facing the camera. He knows he's being photo'd and that he is so cute. Minni Me and Ultra Zorro. I love the roundness of them. And their faces. Ducks are so unique in the face department. So much character and sweetness.

I love the pool pics of Zorro and her kids and Julie and hers. Do you think then that Zorro's babies are from two different dads hence the difference in the coloring? Are the fathers known?

What is so cute and funny for me is the thing you have draped over the pool's edge so that the babies and their webs can get in and out of pool so that they can swim when they want and get out when they want.

I don't really know how you can handle all the cuteness all the time. I'd probably have to quit my job just to never miss a moment with my ducks.

Such sweet birds.  All of them.  I love the diversity of burd and the differing sizes of their bird bodies.  Very cute if I may add.

Thanks, we have 2 girl mallards/maybe mixes, 5 bantam mixes, and 11 regular sized chickens all born same day or deliverd and picked up same day and grew up together, since roosters are just starting to crow the ducks have been the warning alert system when birds or planes are in the sky and all the birds hide. So they work out well together. Some just for looks more. But out of all of them the ducks are the cleanest birds I've ever seen.

Lol I love learning. And just from scrollin through this thread and reading different posts, I learned something useful.
When I saw a Dawn dish soap ad on Facebook just now, I said "hey that's a Rouen duckling not a Mallard."
Lol I was so surprised with myself! So thanks for posting interesting and helpful info and for all the wonderful pictures, it awesome!

Lol I love learning. And just from scrollin through this thread and reading different posts, I learned something useful.
When I saw a Dawn dish soap ad on Facebook just now, I said "hey that's a Rouen duckling not a Mallard."
Lol I was so surprised with myself! So thanks for posting interesting and helpful info and for all the wonderful pictures, it awesome!

Your welcome!
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom