Mallard with fracture femur.

Thank you everyone. We gave her 1ml of the calcium gluconate yesterday and pour some over her treats too. She didn't eat much of the treats tho.
It's not a utility sink but our kitchen sink is large enough to lay her down in easily. I'll wait until my husband gets home so he can help me check for the egg. Since we already know she has an egg, what should we be checking for exactly? Just to make sure it hadn't broke? Sorry for the 100 questions. And I appreciate all the help.
I have never had to do it but my thinking was if the egg is close to the opening maybe you could "pop" it out with your finger, see how close it was? IDK.

Thank you again everyone. Just wanted to give an update that Louie finally laid her egg. We put her in the sink with warm water and wrapped her body in a towel to keep her from moving around in the water. My husband and I took turns rubbing her belly and the back of her neck (the only spot she likes being petted, lol). After making sure she was fully dryed off we used a little water base KY and put her back in her tote. I'd estimate after 40mins or so we checked her again and seen she had laid it.

Praise God!! Such great news!! :woot

Thank you again everyone. Just wanted to give an update that Louie finally laid her egg. We put her in the sink with warm water and wrapped her body in a towel to keep her from moving around in the water. My husband and I took turns rubbing her belly and the back of her neck (the only spot she likes being petted, lol). After making sure she was fully dryed off we used a little water base KY and put her back in her tote. I'd estimate after 40mins or so we checked her again and seen she had laid it.
This is what I was looking for when I replied last night! :wee

Thank you. Just wanted to give an update on little Louie. She has been doing well and the last two days she has been so playful. It's been a challenge to keep her calm and relax in her tote. I'm not sure how to keep a bored duck still. Lol.
Currently waiting on her vet to return next week to see if I can get an appointment. Idk what it's called but there's a shot you can give ducks to stop them from laying eggs for a month or two. (Learned about it when her sister, Dewey, had to have surgery.) Hopefully they'll recommend it so we don't have another egg scare while Louie recovers.

Here's some pics for everyone. Dewey eyeing Louie's treats after already eating her own. Lol. And Louie finally asleep after an hour of pets.

Thank you again everyone for all the love and suggestions.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1091737434.jpg
    Snapchat-1091737434.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-399780232.jpg
    Snapchat-399780232.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 5
So precious ❤️ One very spoiled little girl duck!

Does she try and get out of her tote? you could move her to a small dog crate if your having that problem. And a mirror may help keep her entertained if Dewy isn't with her all the time for company.

Back
Top Bottom