Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

I've put it on 3, but they seem to want to just hang out on top.

Go by what they do at night. Mine spend very little time anywhere near it if the sun is out but they are still using it at night.

I'll check on them tonight. I know at a month old they may not need it anymore, they have been without in the garage. The temps outside are in the high 30's-40's now. Should I take it out after 1 week? There's another cohort that is waiting to use it
1f601.png

I'd turn it off completely. None of them appear to be even the slightest bit cold. 

I guess I'm concerned about the transition outside and worried about night time temps.
I would give them a huddle box, but I don't have one big enough to hold all of them. I'll check tonight and if they are all just roosting I'll take it out.

[/URL]
I just want to thank everyone on this thread for just continuing to innovate and improve a great idea. I started with an ecoglow before I found out about the MHP, but now that I'm brooding 20+ chicks at a time I finally built my own larger MHP. Just put my month old chicks outside today and was wondering what number I should turn the heating pad up to.
Are those loose grass clippings?
Beware of impacted crops with long and/or 'tough' foliage.

Back
Top Bottom