Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

I have a mini vent, which I'm sure many of you will understand. I didn't realize that so many lamp-raised chicks just pass out on the fly until it was brought up here. I started with the heat plate brooder so it was a thought in the back of my head that my chicks never did that. It just didn't click at the time that it was the difference in constant light.

Now, when I see people on the Facebook groups post pics of their passed out in awkward places chicks, I feel sad
sad.png
They're unknowingly taking pleasure in the random naps because the light just never stops for them. I haven't gotten the nerve to be so bold as to tell them. *sigh*

I can't tell you all just how much I appreciate this entire thread and making it known that there's a better way. My chicks and I thank you!

Careful, though. People don't know what they're missing and you don't want to sound too preachy or the message has no chance of being heard. FWIW, I feel the same about human home brooding but I mostly keep it to myself.

This is why I don't say anything yet lol. I know that preachy message will come across and I'm not mentally prepared to word things so it DOESN'T sound like that
hmm.png

Guys, just checking in to say that at almost one week with my chickies, they LOVE it. They are in and out of the MHP all day, off an on, and sleep in there all night with barely a peep. Hah.

One of my chicks has (what I've internet-diagnosed) the beginnings of wry-neck, and I find that I'm much less worried about her being beat up on by the others, I think because when she goes to nap under the MHP, she's somewhat protected? I feel like if she were sleeping out in the open, it would be easier for her to be trampled? Maybe? Anyway. I'm keeping a close eye on the whole situation, medicating her, and loving the MHP.

Back
Top Bottom