Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

OK, cute MHP stuff.
Stampede!!
0.jpg

I finished my cave and have the little guys in it.

I made the cage a tad too small. I am going to make a larger one for the older guys and use this one on the new borns. This cage was made to fit the frame it sits on at 32in x 16in. I am going to make the next one 32x24.

I tied the hearting pad to the inside of the wire frame ( I used 1/2 hardware cloth tripled for strength). I used the small 4 inch cable ties to tie the pad to the wire. You can poke the cable tie right through the fabric and tighten them to the frame. I started trying to sew it but that would have taken me 3 years.

The ties were fast and easy.

Then I used the press n seal all around the pad and frame. covering the frame with flour sack towels. I am going to try and find diapers, I like that idea better. I did not have diapers.

Here are the pictures, I did not take any as I made it.

Yep, Bee, diapers! Now I know another use for Kendra's old cloth diapers when I run low on towels!
thumbsup.gif

@71chickens Welcome to the Broody Brigade! And yep, you did pay your dues! So cute! Don't you just love how they snuggle right down like they knew exactly what to do?

Ralphie, you had me worried there! I knew between the chicks and the heating pad cave you wouldn't have room in there past a couple of days and was hoping when I saw the photos that you had a plan B in there somewhere!

Yep, Bee, diapers! Now I know another use for Kendra's old cloth diapers when I run low on towels!
thumbsup.gif

@71chickens Welcome to the Broody Brigade! And yep, you did pay your dues! So cute! Don't you just love how they snuggle right down like they knew exactly what to do?

Ralphie, you had me worried there! I knew between the chicks and the heating pad cave you wouldn't have room in there past a couple of days and was hoping when I saw the photos that you had a plan B in there somewhere!

I have a 300 gallon water tank, but it is outside, I have a kiddie pool in the basement, but I don't like using it. So I have options.

Back
Top Bottom