Mama killed her own baby :(

Yes she has 11 more under her that I am not sure are going to hatch or not. The one was out yesterday and the others have not even pipped. I don't know if that means they won't hatch or if they just aren't ready. I swear I am getting an incubator and giving up on letting them hatch anymore! I had a broody in september who did really well and she is still a great mama. Never did anything like this so we will see. I am kinda nervous about the others. I am keeping a close watch on them that way if anymore pip and come out I can take them from her if she shows any aggression towards them.

Yes she has 11 more under her that I am not sure are going to hatch or not. The one was out yesterday and the others have not even pipped. I don't know if that means they won't hatch or if they just aren't ready. I swear I am getting an incubator and giving up on letting them hatch anymore! I had a broody in september who did really well and she is still a great mama. Never did anything like this so we will see. I am kinda nervous about the others. I am keeping a close watch on them that way if anymore pip and come out I can take them from her if she shows any aggression towards them.
It might be better if you just leave her be. I know it is hard to do and you risk chicks, but , sometimes they want privacy and do so much better.

I moved her inside when I noticed the first chick had pipped because I was afraid of them getting cold and the humidity being to low if mama got off of them but after the incident yesterday I moved her back outside. So she is in the coop in a big tote still on her nest and I am leaving it up to her to do the rest :)

Back
Top Bottom