Man up the street, sort of threatening me....what should I do?

I don't think the guy has a leg to stand on, because if there are nuisance noise ordinances the noise has to be of a certain decibel at the complainers home for a certain period of time during a 24 hour period, and I doubt it would qualify.

You cannot stop a rooster from crowing. They see light in the middle of the night they crow. They hear a scary noise in the middle of the night, they crow.

Maybe there is something trying to get to your birds at 5 in the morning or, the more likely culprit is that the newspaper delivery guy has a loud muffler on his car and is actually partially waking everyone in the neighborhood and then the rooster crows.

I kept waking up for months at 2 am and couldn't figure it out. Finally heard this car driving down the road every morning at the same time.....

If this guy lives down the street, he also needs to close his windows or upgrade his insulation factors on his home.

Quote:
Right. And that's precisely why noise problems can lead to so many conflicts between neighbors -- because they ARE so much open to interpretation. So it's usually not really a matter of "I'm right and you're wrong". It's more an issue of cooperation and negotiation to find a livable solution for everyone.

Quote:
Right. And that's precisely why noise problems can lead to so many conflicts between neighbors -- because they ARE so much open to interpretation. So it's usually not really a matter of "I'm right and you're wrong". It's more an issue of cooperation and negotiation to find a livable solution for everyone.

to bad HE skipped that step
wink.png

I didn't read the whole thread so if what I say is repetetive I apologize. You need to post your property, NO TRESPASSING. I just figured if I owned property people need to stay off, especially a neighbor that knows where my property is. We had a problem with a neighbor and after he was cutting my trees and messing with things on my property I called the police. They could not charge him with trespassing because my property is not posted. Also, they would not do anything to him on our word(ie: we saw him on the property), they needed to see him. They told me to video him and then they could arrest him. I also agree if you felt threatened you should report it and a protection order wouldn't hurt(here you only need to be afraid, not even threatened). Good luck!

Last edited:
Quote:
What makes you think he did? He didn't call the cops on the OP. He didn't sneak into her yard in the middle of the night to steal the bird. He went to her house to talk to her about the problem. That's exactly what he SHOULD have done. You don't know what he said to her, except that we DO know that he didn't actually make any threats. I see no reason to condemn him -- at least not yet.

I completely agree with Jean. The problem with negotiation is that it usually ends with the rooster's owner having to get rid of him. You cant ask the rooster not to crow as much-cant negotiate with a rooster. And I cannot believe that someone inside their house in the middle of the night, asleep, and probably with windows closed really can hear a rooster crow, enough to actually wake them up or keep them awake. They'd get used to it just like the rooster's owner did.

Quote:
hey,,, your in maine,,, shoot the idiot, then call the cops, and show them where he IS.
big_smile.png

I wish.....after 3 years of him terrorizing us(won't go into details) dh finally hit him. He(dh) went to yell at him for trying to run my sons(9 & 7) over and the guy tried stabbing dh with a pen. Well dh punched him 3 times and set him back in his car and left, called the police. Dh is now facing felony assault. Yeah, this is Maine, sooo backwards. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom