Man up the street, sort of threatening me....what should I do?

Quote:
You have a point.
But do you threaten and/or intimidate, or approach your neighbor and explain the situation like civilized people used to do? (still do in civilized areas).

No, I don't. Nor should anyone have to even in a civilized manner.

Quote:
Yeah I always wondered that myself as I put up with yapping dogs at all hours of the day and night or squeal tires, reving motors and the playing of loud music......evidential, noise pollution is a "something given" right we Americans get to express, however we choose.

Hey Im didnt want to start a war over this. Im just interested in thoughts on how to proceed.

Quote:
You have a point.
But do you threaten and/or intimidate, or approach your neighbor and explain the situation like civilized people used to do? (still do in civilized areas).

Lady clearly states she is in an unincorporated, rural area where there are no restrictions on livestock. Not in a town or a city where roosters should NOT be allowed. She is within her rights as a property owner to have whatever livestock she wants. Thats why we choose to live in rural areas.

the point IS..you are allowed to have a rooster..wheather he crows at 5 a.m. or "whatever" time...although i can understand why the guy is upset...its still your right to have a roo in your area, and he knows this, being your neighbor and all....now, if he came to you nicely and asked if you could do something about it...then..i would also be nice in return and get rid of the roo..but.. since he was threatning towards you, i'd keep that roo, and keep an eye out on my property. i'd really get an outdoor camera...good luck,
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:

Lady clearly states she is in an unincorporated, rural area where there are no restrictions on livestock. Not in a town or a city where roosters should NOT be allowed. She is within her rights as a property owner to have whatever livestock she wants. Thats why we choose to live in rural areas.

It's cavalier attitudes like that that cause such areas to have to eventually pass laws forbidding roosters under any circumstance.

Quote:
Redhen, I agree with you 100%; however, the poster didn't say what, if any, actual threat was made. He/she only implied it.

Edit: Actually, I'd knock the hell out of anyone who came to my door making threats.

Last edited:
well..you could make sure and keep the roo in the dark say until 7 AM..might make things a little more peaceful and no harm to the roo..just a thought

ANYONE that lives in a rural/ag area MUST expect animal/machinery noises-- or should move...

We hear cows braying to be milked/fed-- do we expect them to get rid of them?? NO...

We have to listen to Farmers plowing at 6am... would we expect them to wait until it is more convinient for US--NO.

Pheasants screaching, dogs barking, Roosters crowing-- all to be expected in farming areas--

so if the guy want's to Live there-- HE is the one who should accept the fact that these noises WILL occur...
to suggest that she should have to get rid of her roo is lijke telling a farmer to get rid of his tractor/cows/dogs/ chickens because you don't like the noise ...
you wouldn't think of even considering that---right? So why is someone with a few chickens viewed any differently??

Back
Top Bottom