Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Pics
The real truth of the matter is me and most all will take pics when we just cleaned the pools or ponds.Cause everyone likes a preety pic.
wink.png
In reality the pools or ponds are dirty in about 3 days.They are messy ducks for crying out loud. I dont mind the actual dirt mind you but they pee and poop in there as well. They have to drink that same water so I dont dare want too much waste being consumed so I pump out the kiddie pools at the very longest 6 days.Most time 4. 2 weeks is the longest for my pond. Just depends how many ducks you have and what the bio-load is. I spend alot of my time cleaning the pen and their water. But I do have alot of quackers.

my big ducks can dirty their pools within 5 minutes.. completely nasty within 24 to 48 hours... giant pekins can be pretty nasty birds for being so white!

All ads must be in the Buy Sell Trade forum, please.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I just bought some mandarin duck and I don't know how to keep them. Can any one tell me which type of nest do they need ? Depth and width of pool? :/

Another question. Due to some issues the sails of my mandarin duck fell out. I used to love those orange sails. Will they grow back?

yes, when he molts and then grows his gorgeous Nuptial Phase feathers back in, he'll grow sail feathers too.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom