SugarGroveFarm

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Ohio
Hello! I was just curious if anyone knows if you can raise Mandarin ducks. I know they are considered to be one of the beautiful birds in the world and I think they would look gorgeous in a pond with other ducks, geese, and swans. Are you allowed to own them? Are there places where you can buy them? How much do they cost? Thanks in advance for any replies!
Mandarin.jpg

That is one gorgeous picture. As far as being able to own 'em, it depends on were you live. Check with your local Game Commission or Dept. of Conservation. For example, Here in NW Pa., Mallard Ducks are wild and common here. You cannot go to the local pond and catch a Mallard Duck or Duckling to keep as a pet. However, it's not illegal to keep Mallards. It is legal to buy Mallard Ducklings or hatch eggs and keep 'em on your property. There are just 2 requirements. 1, mark 'em by snipping the dew claw, and 2, keep your purchase receipt. As far as finding a certain breed. GOOGLE and E-Bay. Good Luck

Thanks guys! I live in Ohio not sure if you guys would know if it's okay here. The laws are a little wacky and strict now because of a guy in Zanesville that had a bunch of tigers and lions and other crazy animals and he set them all free so now they're kind of strict don't think they would care about a duck though

Back
Top Bottom