Mandies--- 8 eggs in Nest! help/question on p.4

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
I've got 4 Mandarins- 2 girls and 2 boys. They are almost 2 now. I found 5 eggs in the 1 nestbox! There is a bunch of wet hay, branches, leaves. then the eggs and some feather fluff! I hope she's getting ready to go in and sit on the eggs. Yippee!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Thats great. I just put about 7 in the incubator 10 or so days ago. All look fertile but 1. I have another 9 to put in this tuesday. I will be hatching them with call ducklings, as ive been told putting them in with domestic ducklings teaches them how to eat and drink.

I originally bought 2 pairs, but 1 male got out of the pen. So I have a trio, but so far the drake has been mating with both girls.

Quote:
Thats good news that you have 5 eggs, but dont be surprised if she lays about 3-4 more before setting, which is even better, right!!..............Jason

I checked today and there are 7 eggs and more fluff in the nestbox. Keep it up little girls! The more eggs, the merrier!
Hope she does sit and hatch some babies!

Quote:
Try putting some small domestic ducks in with them. I housed my Mandarins in a large dog kennel with around 14 call ducks. That made the mandarins calm down ALOT and become alot friendlier. They still wont let me touch them, but now I can get within 2 feet of them and they are fine.

I did put my 2 Australian Spotted ducks in that pen too, more for lack of another safe pen for them, but maybe I'll keep them there.
Thanks! Hope it works!

Back
Top Bottom