Manna Pro Hatch-A-Long! - First Sponsor Participated Hatch-A-Long – Set on 4/22

Hello ..can you really stack that many egg in that bator....I am going to be a little crowed my self this coming week and was wondering this ok to do....Tell me you don;t turn those all by hand ? Teheheh

I'm in! We'll be setting two dozen Buckeye eggs on 4/21, half of which will be fertile, half of which may or may not be fertile. Hoping for a Mother's Day hatch.

Happy Hatch Setting Day!!
celebrate.gif

Here are the eggs we set in the incubator this morning. We set 12 eggs that are a little less than a week old, that were shipped all the way from California (we're located in Missouri), and we also set 18 eggs that we picked up locally. We marked all the shipped eggs to see if the hatch rate is wildly different. As you can see, there is a wide range of shapes and sizes and colors. We can't wait to see who/what hatches out!

This is the incubator we're using. It's a little giant, still air incubator with an automatic egg turner. Has anyone used one before? We have used Brinsea in the past and I'm a little unsure of how to regulate the humidity in this kind.

Eggs in the 'bator!!

I don't normally get in on these, but I just happen to have some eggs to set. Will be loading up the incubator with about 2 doz Bantam RIR eggs, and about half a dozen each Bantam Buff Cochin, and Bantam Partride Wyandotte. They won't be put in until late this evening, so my counter will not start until tomorrow, but I'll be pretty much on pace.

I put 42 eggs in a few days ago but Ill still join. I have a ton of mixed breeds so I have no idea what Im gonna get. Usually some very pretty and super colorful birds.

Back
Top Bottom