MannaPro food question

QueenieMinx

Chirping
Mar 26, 2018
Springtown, TX
I'm a fairly new duck mama and I'm trying to do right by my wee ones. Their first bag of feed was meant for baby chicks (nonmedicated) but this bad is specifically formulated for ducks. It's called Duck Starter Grower. With the first bag I knew to give the brewer's yeast, but not sure if I need to with this type. It's specifically formulated for ducks, so wouldn't it have a decent niacin level already?

Attachments

• duck food.JPG
    duck food.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 8
Yes it should But sometimes ducklings will still require more so keep an eye on your ducklings just in case you need to add some niacin to their feed. Especially if Pekins they grow so fast they can get a deficient pretty easy. If you notice one or more sitting down a lot and limping or stumbling then you'll know to add the BY hopefully you won't have to.

:welcome

Yes it should But sometimes ducklings will still require more so keep an eye on your ducklings just in case you need to add some niacin to their feed. Especially if Pekins they grow so fast they can get a deficient pretty easy. If you notice one or more sitting down a lot and limping or stumbling then you'll know to add the BY hopefully you won't have to.

:welcome

Can I add some anyway, or will it be too much?

I am currently feeding the same food to my week old ducklings. Brewers yeast is not listed as an ingredient and I can’t find anything about Niacin on the bag so I am adding yeast to it. Besides, I am not completely sure I trust this brand. I recently switched my adult ducks to their duck layer feed. My ducks are doing great on it but look at the picture on the bag.
846163C4-97E0-4BC1-A86B-795440CA963A.jpeg

I’m not sure they know which gender lays the eggs. :p

I am currently feeding the same food to my week old ducklings. Brewers yeast is not listed as an ingredient and I can’t find anything about Niacin on the bag so I am adding yeast to it. Besides, I am not completely sure I trust this brand. I recently switched my adult ducks to their duck layer feed. My ducks are doing great on it but look at the picture on the bag.
View attachment 1316351
I’m not sure they know which gender lays the eggs. :p

HAHAHA!!! Yeah you may be right on that one. When I'm done with this bag, that's what I'm switching to.

Back
Top Bottom