Manual or Automatic

I just researched this and decided on an auto. It seems like the multiple daily turnings required from a manual will lead to unstable temperatures and humidity loss due to having to open the incubator and roll them 5 times a day. An automatic turner with an external water filling reservoir seems to be the most "foolproof" approach as you basically just set it, refill water daily and wait.

Just my two cents. There have probably been millions of successful hatches with a manual. But for me, being a first time hatcher, I wanted to minimize the variables.

This bator is on sale right now and has most bells and whistles. Good luck choosing!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...nea-mini-advance-two-7-egg-incubator.1358284/

Get a manual. The eggs are turned much more frequently, there are no turning induced temp fluctuations, they are turned slowly so no risk of dislodging anything by abruptly turning or dropping the egg. I love my auto turner.

Get a manual. The eggs are turned much more frequently, there are no turning induced temp fluctuations, they are turned slowly so no risk of dislodging anything by abruptly turning or dropping the egg. I love my auto turner.

Back
Top Bottom