Manual turning

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KristaChickenWhisperer, May 17, 2010.

1. KristaChickenWhisperer

KristaChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Ugh!! Three days before my eggs are due to get here and my automatic turner stopped working. So I have decided that I am DONE with the automatic turner and I am going to turn them by hand.

Problem is that I have never turned my eggs manually. I am not quite sure how to do so. Do I gently roll them over or what?

Advice is needed asap!! My eggs are due any day after Wednesday!!

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Youre suppose to be in lockdown [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Just put an X on one side, and an O on the other. Roll them from side to side before work, after work, and before bed for the first 18 days. That's all I do.

4. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Quote:Haha I should have worded that better. Three days until they get here in the mail. [​IMG] I have nothing in the bator but I decided to run it a for a few days to test my new fan.

5. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Quote:Thank you!

6. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I have also read that you should turn them in the same direction back and forth and not all the way over each time, I read rolling them the same direction each time can twist the embro in the egg, I dont know if its true or not. I'm also not sure that anyone will know what Im talking about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by