Manx Cats

ohh so cute!! Congrats to the new mamma!!
love.gif

How adorable! You are so lucky! Many years ago a tailess pregnant cat showed up on my doorstep and I took her in and she lived with me for another 15 years. She was a very quirky cat,, very vocal and loved to go for a ride in the car. She delivered 5 kittens, 2 tailess, 2 tailed and 1 that eventually had to be euthanized because she had a cloaca and had spinal issues that affected her hind legs.

Awww! Too cute! Have you had any litters before?
BTW, you might want to start calling the low cost s/n places now if you are going that route, some have long wait lists!

Quote:
We rescued this mama two weeks ago off the street. She was abandoned by a renter that moved out. I have no idea if she's had previous litters, but this one will be her last, that's for sure! Good suggestion about making the spay appt. early!

Quote:
We rescued this mama two weeks ago off the street. She was abandoned by a renter that moved out. I have no idea if she's had previous litters, but this one will be her last, that's for sure! Good suggestion about making the spay appt. early!

No, I was asking if YOU had had litters before? Well, not you, but have you had cats that had kittens before?

Quote:
ok, so you know basically what to expect! cats are great, usually so self sufficient!

Yes they are! Thank goodness, because my chickens already take up so much time! Fortunately, the timing is good, no chicks at the moment to care for. My current chickies are 12 weeks old now.

Adorable!
love.gif

I had a manx growing up and currently have another. Bonzai is adorable, almost dog like in some ways. He does have some of the rear end issues people were mentioning. Rumpies, like mama and the two kittens, can have issues but as long as papa wasn't a manx as well they have a good chance. Most of the worst deformities don't make it to birth. This may be why there were only 3 kittens total.

As to my guy's 'issue'; he has issues leaving the poop in the litter box. That's it. Otherwise he is perfectly healthy.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom