Manx Rumpies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by phasianidae, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lauravonsmurf likes this.
  2. I'll get some better pics eventually. I would say they're standard, although the pullets are considerably smaller.

3. Beautiful birds Kelsie 2290! Aren't they just fun to have?

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    They are quite gentle so far and don't cause problems at all. They are interesting temperament wise, they are "wilder" than I was expecting. You hardly ever see them just in the open yard, they tend to stick to the bushes and edges of the yard and they are very very suspicious of anything strange going on. These also are what I would call small standards, the girls will probably weigh 4 maybe 5 pounds or so as adults, the boys maybe 6 or so.

5. Mickey Lou 04

Mickey Lou 04 Chirping

Jun 14, 2013
    Wow, I am glad that you all posted these pics! They are very pretty.

6. Wow, been a while on this. Just hatched a (Persian) Rumpless under a broody. I have been checking her eggs, she has been quite fertile. I hope to really further this endeavor. Time will tell.[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Chicken-Eye

Chicken-Eye Chirping

Mar 27, 2016
    Chickendom
    My Coop
    Sad that this thread is no longer very active. I ordered a Manx Rumpy hen from eBay, she came this morning. Blue backdrop yet again. Need some name ideas.

[​IMG]

Lauravonsmurf likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: