Maran colors & eggs?

Quote:
You sure that's from an Ameraucana and not an Easter Egger?
tongue.png

If it is on the green or blue side, either one, yes, you'll still get an Olive Egger.

If it is as golden brown as the photo makes it look, no, you're likely to get just a darker version of it; A sort of golden brown color. Still a pretty color, but not "olive green."

flgardengirl Birds? The birds in that photo are Cochins and Brahmas. Don't you mean eggs?
wink.png

Quote:
You sure that's from an Ameraucana and not an Easter Egger?
tongue.png

If it is on the green or blue side, either one, yes, you'll still get an Olive Egger.

If it is as golden brown as the photo makes it look, no, you're likely to get just a darker version of it; A sort of golden brown color. Still a pretty color, but not "olive green."

flgardengirl Birds? The birds in that photo are Cochins and Brahmas. Don't you mean eggs?
wink.png

The darkest egg in the pic is from our Cuckoo Maran, the light brown are from our Jersey Giant. Only the greenish one is from the Ameraucana. Do they not lay greenish? I'll have to see if I can get a pic of her. This is not my bird, but mine looks just like this one, http://www.bradbury.org/jims-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/americauna.jpg

Back
Top Bottom