Marans 1st Eggs!

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
My Cuckoo Marans decided this week was a good week to start laying. So over the weekend we've been getting a couple eggs out of our 3 pullets. One is laying HUGE eggs too! Here's a picture of the eggs we got today. One is from yesterday too.

2-9-091.jpg

Those are store bought white eggs too. I know they're not as dark as they should be but I'm right proud and thrilled! I have chocolate eggs. Wish they were real chocolate. Haha

2-9-093.jpg

25 weeks old. Its been extremely cold here up till this past week. It finally got warmer and just beautiful outside. I got 2 Self Blue OE eggs but they were soft shell so I made the rounds with oyster shell. I think I was giving the OEs too much scratch though, they would eat all that and not eat their layer so I fixed that too. Now I just need to see more eggs to make sure it worked.
wink.png

The eggs have started off a bit lighter and have continually gotten darker with each egg. So I don't know how much darker they'll get or if we're at the darkest point already. Its eggciting though!

Back
Top Bottom