Marans Madness March Hatch Along.....

pinkchick

"Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"
13 Years
May 30, 2008
Washington State
A bunch of mad hatchers
wink.png
from over at the Marans thread are having a Marans hatch along........ if you have some Marans eggs you would like to set and are looking for hatch buddies, come on and jump in.
big_smile.png

I'll be setting some BCM and Splash Marans eggs in hopes of lots of little Blue Copper and Splash babies sometime by the end of this week.
I'm not sure of set date as of yet because I am waiting for a fellow hatcher to get her new 'bator in the mail and hopefully I can get a few more eggs by Friday.

In the bator now for hatch on 3/19.
11170_imgp6180.jpg

Photos of eggs that you are going to set are greatly appreciated.............we LOVE looking at pretty eggs!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok I'll start since mine are due this weekend and I just started lockdown!
big_smile.png
wee.gif

Here they are. See them? Four little brown beauties. I candled all and what do you know, I could see not a thing.

DSC02381.jpg

I just set Blue and Black Copper Marans and some Cochin bantam eggs under my Cochin bantam last Wednesday night...Due date is March 17th, St Patricks Day. I have no bator so have to rely on broodys.
The Marans came from Sebrightmom(BYCer) and the Cochins came from someone I saw selling some really nice LF Cochin eggs on Eggbid last Fall.
photo-72.jpg

Here is our broody Union(UC for short)
photo-70.jpg

And I took this pic today when she was taking her break
photo-71.jpg

Last edited:
Geebs is in....
yippiechickie.gif
I will set a few just for the event... Who wants to be a party pooper anyway?
jumpy.gif
.. ha ha

I'll join in! These are my babies:

Wheaten / Blue Wheaten ; Bev Davis lines

4390985371_b7023d23d1_o.jpg

Black Copper ; Bev Davis lines

4390985467_49af83cd7a_o.jpg

They're due Friday, March 19th.
wee.gif

Hi! I'm Lisa and new to all of this. I have 11 BCM in the incubator and today is day 14! Is this the right thread for joining the Maran March Hatch Along or is it somewhere else? Also, how do I find the Maran thread? There are so many threads and posts, I am having a hard time navigating this website...

Thanks and all advice is welcome!

Sure, why not? I set 12 of my eggs (slw x rir?), and 5 BCM, 5 cuckoo maran, and 8 ee all from ChickyTocks (thanks). They should be here between Feb 18-20. Just my luck of scheduling and all, I will be in Dallas that weekend, but the wife should be able to handle stuff for me while I am gone... hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom