Marans Owners -- anything "bad" about this breed?

Photo008.jpg

Photo009.jpg

These chicks are about a month old.

Last edited:
Quote:
There's at least one or two prominent BYC contributors who are also on the Marans Club list. I have found them to be uniformly very friendly and helpful.
smile.png

I'm a member of the Marans Yahoo forum. They're not nearly as organized as BYC is, but they're extremely well-informed and helpful.

Quote:
That is awesome color.

There is a recent thread about Black Copper Marans/ eggs that refers to her?Bayhorsebonne a lot! Very good reputation and I wanna get some too, except I have that kind already (Mine are from Carla Freestep - one of the other sellers right now.) The thread is called "Black Copper Maran Eggs" I know, it's missing the s. I have to search it, I dont know how to post links yet? Good luck.

Last edited:
I hatched some wheatens this spring and am curious if they will go broody as much as my cuckoos. I've also got a couple of blue pullets that have been laying a couple of months.

Katy, how is your egg color on the blues? a few people have told me that the blues eggs were lighter colored and that people were still working to get them darker. How would you rate the color of your blue marans eggs? Could you post a pic?

Back
Top Bottom