Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

16367_bluecoppercockerel-rv--daniellegadd--9370.jpg

Those cages sure don't do much for them do they.. Poor fella can't even stand up... Isn't he nice.. "Easy on the eye"... (purdy to look at)

This is the RV in blue coppers.

wheaties..not my specialty.. Pink can you take this one.. or Wheatie thread...

I would say I see the first one is a pullet .. It is lighter in color and more henlike..

White leg band is pullet also

Orange band looks to be male or off of a different line.. I would call it a male or say that it looks like a black tailed buff.. I can't do much with conformation until they are older but I don't see anything that screams at me... Not my area of expertise though...

Last edited:
Quote:
Is that the same bird as this?
IMGP0958.jpg

ETA: The light shining through the window made the feathers in the tail look lighter than they actually were. No, I agree, the cages were kinda short, he is bending over in this pic so just looks like more room from the angle, I think. Some of the larger breeds and breeds with long tails were really squished.
I think if I was entering a breed with a long tail like a Cubalaya or Phoenix, I would get a double coop lol.

Last edited:
Ya... it does look like it.. maybe there is more headroom than it looked like.. hard to be an armchair observer... She hadn't fixed that wierd tail feather yet.. Travel wear... That is him.. I can tell by the tail feather.. She hadn't come around to put it back where it belonged...
smile.png
Bad photographic setup... thanks for the second pic..

Last edited:
Quote:
Cheryl....could I be a huge pain and ask if you can post these photos here....I have problems opening flickr and photobucket. Sorry and Thanks if you can.
smile.png

Oh, and what kind of eval. are you looking for with them? Overall? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom