Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Me too! Can't wait to see all the Silver Birchens running around! I'm sitting here with the eggs still infront of me on the desk. Waiting on one little bugger to finish hatching before I pop open the door and fetch the other monsters that are running around and set eggs.

Only 2 of the Marans that I set hatched this time and the other that looked crusty yesterday did not make it.

Me too! Can't wait to see all the Silver Birchens running around! I'm sitting here with the eggs still infront of me on the desk. Waiting on one little bugger to finish hatching before I pop open the door and fetch the other monsters that are running around and set eggs.

Only 2 of the Marans that I set hatched this time and the other that looked crusty yesterday did not make it.
awww...think it was temp changes or fertility maybe on the eggs you have hatching now? I always hate when a hatch doesn't go well. I'm guessing perhaps I'll get my eggs next week. Rod said he was gonna be trying to fill the orders for the three people ahead of me this week, but don't know for sure. Hoping to hear from him soon to find out!

Getting mad at the smileys! Need more coffee! Don't know what's going on with the eggs, they all developed and made it to lockdown. But I did get 2 Barnie babies! WoooooHoooT!
I am setting another almost 2 dozen Marans eggs with the Birchen eggs from Rodney, also setting another 2 dozen Barnie eggs. Must hatch out some Barnies!!!!! Been a horrible year for Barnies.

Getting mad at the smileys! Need more coffee! Don't know what's going on with the eggs, they all developed and made it to lockdown. But I did get 2 Barnie babies! WoooooHoooT!
I am setting another almost 2 dozen Marans eggs with the Birchen eggs from Rodney, also setting another 2 dozen Barnie eggs. Must hatch out some Barnies!!!!! Been a horrible year for Barnies.
that's too bad! Hopefully you'll get a few more to hatch out!

I'm getting ready to head out here in a few minutes to go meet Anna and pick up the girls from her and possibly a few chicks out of that boy she lost. I'm not sure on the chicks til I see them. Just what I need...more birds! haha what the heck is wrong with chicken people....haha

Don't forget to say hello to her and give her hug from us! I can't play on BYC to long this morning as I am meeting my nephew who is leaving tomorrow to go work in Hawaii for a month doing some logging. I was asked to mow his 8 acre lawn whilst he is gone. Must go see what lies ahead of me.
th.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom