Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Does anyone have any photos of what a Blue Buff Tailed Marans rooster should look like? Obviously like the BTB with the bllk replaced with blue but I haven't ever seen a blue BTB rooster.
I crossed one of my solid blue Marans hen to my BTB male and threw in a few eggs in with some other varieties to help fill up the bator. My BTB male isn;t really the most correctly colored guy either.
One of these eggs hatched a male blue Marans x BTB. I don't really think he is correctly colored so wanted to see some pics of others' blue BTB roos. He sure is a purrrrty thing whatever he is lol. I got some pics of him today. Looked for a specific BTB Marans thread so I could post them and didn't see one...

I have a Golden Cuckoo Marans Pullet that lays a lighter egg, like a 3. I hatched her from eggs off of ebay. I got a BCM Roo today free from a local breeder who supposably hatched him from a very dark egg. Can I breed them together to get a darker laying Golden Cuckoo? How many generations do you think it would take to get a darker egg? Also can anyone point me in the direction of a breeding plan I might be able to follow. One easy enough for a novice to understand
:)
Thank you.
Here he is:

Last edited:

I live in Cuckoo, VA (a suburb of Mineral where there the "East Coast earthquake" originated...a mile from my house) I think it would be great fun to have Cuckoo Marans and love dark brown eggs! My roosters are Americauna and half-AMERICAUNA/half-Silkie, so I would need a separate pen for the Cuckoo birds.

My tan Silkie hen just hatched 8 chicks. They re so tiny they can walk through the holes in 1/2" chicken wire. The rooster, Tibboldt, is brown and grey and beautiful. The peeps are currently black and white or yellow.

What does everyone think of greenfire farm marans quality? Anyone on BYC bought breeds from greenfirefarms?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom