Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Errr... do I have bigger problems than the feathering?
hu.gif

gig.gif
Don't know about a heifer as I only have three that's bred and I gotta hang on to them. Can put you on to his little half sister over in Michigan, tho.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'd drag a trailer to Texas & back to get a spread of critters that looked like him....I'm sure that you must feel the same way...Nice Bull.
( Just a thought)...here in Washington, rustling is still a hanging offense...( but only when done in Washington)...how does Texas feel about permanently borrowing someone elses' livestock?
idunno.gif

Quote:
I'd drag a trailer to Texas & back to get a spread of critters that looked like him....I'm sure that you must feel the same way...Nice Bull.
( Just a thought)...here in Washington, rustling is still a hanging offense...( but only when done in Washington)...how does Texas feel about permanently borrowing someone elses' livestock?
idunno.gif

Thanks for the compliment. I've already drug a trailer to Michigan to pick him up. That's not a fun trip with one overnight stay.

Texas can give you up to 99, but they can't kill you. Only the owner can do that if you are caught in the act.
big_smile.png

Quote:
idunno.gif

Thanks for the compliment. I've already drug a trailer to Michigan to pick him up. That's not a fun trip with one overnight stay.

Texas can give you up to 99, but they can't kill you. Only the owner can do that if you are caught in the act.
big_smile.png

hide.gif

Does anyone know how to get this book...Genetics of chicken colors?
http://www.chickencolours.com/pagina4.html
I MUST have this book. I recently joined the yahoo group for marans and someone one there recommended it. I have sent out a few emails asking about how to get it. I should be patient. There is a free preview of it online and it looks like just what I need to wrap my brains around color genetics. Super interesting!!!

Quote:
Slick-

They are nice looking pullets. I agree with Mt Mel that the leg feathering thing can be remedied fairly quickly. You just want to try and keep the feathering off the middle toe. I never cared for hairy toes on women
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom