Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Just moved the pic to the SOP thread
big_smile.png

Quote:
Just moved the pic to the SOP thread
big_smile.png

Glad to help! Can't wait till I have more than one cockerel with foot faults. lol
I have marans egg in the bator and should have marans day old chicks arriving in the mail January sometime. Then I will be one of the cool kids with a mob of marans!
lol.png

This is a pic of the beverage cooler that I think might make a good Fridger-bator. What do y'all think?
hu.gif
It works great now, so at least the fan & motor can stay...I plan on raising more quail & pheasants to turn loose on my place as opposed to raising more chickens. Kim
hugs.gif
has said that she will hatch my first eggs when I receive them this spring. I'm thinking 50 Bobwhite quail & 50 California Valley quail.
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

I looked around on the BYC quail thread
caf.gif
and there is just nothing like the awesome bunch of folks that we have on the Marans thread
love.gif
love.gif
...how am I going to work this out?
idunno.gif

103694_fridgerbator_001.jpg

Yes, Don....that is a life-size mounted Wolverine next to the beverage cooler. I got him in Alaska , and no, you can't have him.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have 3 bear rugs...all from Alaska. One is a huge Kodiak Brown Bear and the other 2 are black bears...
and Elk heads & Deer heads & Caribou heads & Sheep heads and on & on....it's the "Man Cave" thing...

Last edited:
Quote:
That should work really well, especially if an automatic turner or two will fit in it? Just a suggestion though..you may want to move the Wolverine. I would hate for the new chickies to see that as the first thing in this world!!
ep.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Mt. Mel that thing could hatch a bunch of of eggs. Get the 225w IncuKit which solves the heating, thermostat issue, grab 2 sm. Desk fans from Walmart, Little Giant egg turners. Then you work out the vents and humity issues. :). You can PM if you'd like I have a bunch of links, I used for ideas and research, of custom incubators.

Quote:
Mt. Mel that thing could hatch a bunch of of eggs. Get the 225w IncuKit which solves the heating, thermostat issue, grab 2 sm. Desk fans from Walmart, Little Giant egg turners. Then you work out the vents and humity issues. :). You can PM if you'd like I have a bunch of links, I used for ideas and research, of custom incubators.

I'm sure quite a few of us would be interested in your links! Can you share them here?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom