Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Mt. Mel that thing could hatch a bunch of of eggs. Get the 225w IncuKit which solves the heating, thermostat issue, grab 2 sm. Desk fans from Walmart, Little Giant egg turners. Then you work out the vents and humity issues. :). You can PM if you'd like I have a bunch of links, I used for ideas and research, of custom incubators.

I'm sure quite a few of us would be interested in your links! Can you share them here?
smile.png

SD_Paulo, you have my permission to share those links with Debbi.....lol
lau.gif
gig.gif

gig.gif
WELL!
lau.gif
gig.gif
I've been trying to find a used Sportsman around here, and people seem to think their crap laden, dauber laden, non-working Sportsmans are worth anywhere from 400-$700! I want to be able to hatch out 50 or so at one hatch (with my luck that entails 150 eggs!), and my little King Suro only holds 26 Marans eggs. So, I'm thinking, I may have to build my own. Bob White Quail are nice to have around the property. Seems in years goneby here, their population has really dwindled. So have the Whip-Poor-Wills, but I probably can't get hatching eggs for them.

Hi,
I am looking for a high quality BTB cockerel for Spring 2012. Did
anyone see any in Columbus or Crossroads? Know where I can find results for both those shows? Thanks so much,
Karen Tewart

Last edited:
Karen, maybe a post in the wanted to buy section?
Don't know where you are, but there will be a Marans meet at the Poultry Congress show next month in Massachusetts, I am sure there will be birds for sale there.

And Mel, c'mon. Red frilly curtains in a man cave?

Quote:
-----
try the different craigslists in your area, in western PA where i livw, there are always a couple being sold by soemone.
Best,
Karen

Quote:
You know I thought the EXACT SAME THING
pop.gif
pop.gif

Hey, even in ancient times, man caves had colored hieroglyphics….what can you say, the guys has a touch class! (I got your back Mel)
thumbsup.gif

Besides, it could have been worst...like say Paisley pattern curtains.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom