Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Free program stops the clutter and the tracking,,,,,speeds up BYC as well

http://www.abine.com/dntdetail.php

I only post this because I have been tiffed about the political ads being displayed, I guess the ads help with the cost of operation but someone should "monitor" the type of ads for sure
That may be the way they are making a paid membership appeal to more people. I don't see ads....
cool.png
I have them turned OFF.

Awe.....I'm sorry! I'm not personally educated enough in genetics yet to know the possibility of this breeding forward. Do your females have it? If they do not, perhaps you can breed this out.

I know, right? The only bad part about this (for me) is that I won't be able to see it firsthand, although I did see a judging demonstration at Crossroads show last year.

I'm having a difficult time seeing - I see the back part of the comb is flopped over, but it doesn't appear to have flopped past the point where it would be counted against the hen. It looks like the front part of the comb is flopped the other direction, though - is that right?
so I went back out and looked over the 4 hens and all their combs are flopped both directions, I also happen to have chicks from this group growing out in another pen so I went and looked them over to- all 4 cockerals have combs with a bend or wave in them. So I will be culling the cockerals and need to decide which direction to go with the hens- either keep them as layers or cull them as layers to someone else. My DD wants me to atleast keep the rooster- he is very good a flock protection- have to see what he looks like after his molt.

I keep my cull hens for layers to provide for the family and to sell eggs. I sell about 30 dozen or so a week.

Alot of times if it is a type issue I will breed that bird back to a proper type. But, if it is a genetic issue Us them as layers only.

VIVI

Good morning everyone. I just woke up. I am exhausted. I have been studying all week for a huge test. My brain is fried and Im worn out mentally and physically and I have a few days yet. Its been so long since I had to study for anything. Im stressed that Im not retaining enough and I have to pass this. I just put another Roo up for free. Developed white real bad. He looks like he's an old Rooster! Now I have 2 to get rid of. I want to get them out of my pens. What would be an acceptable humane sized cages to put these roos in until either I get rid of them or butcher them?

Oh I feel for you. I remember those days when I was working on my RN. Although the BSN, and Masters was a breeze compared to the associates degree. Sending you best wishes Hon. VIVI

Hi all! It's been awhile since I've been here, trying to pull my arse out of some personal muck, so it's been slow going. Feeling a bit better now, and starting to enjoy the chooks again. No telling how many pages behind I am, not even going to look! If I missed anything of real importance, I'm sure I'll stumble across it somewhere. Nice to be able to finally start to see daylight again, I have missed this place, and you guys!

Back
Top Bottom