Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

I had 2ft X 8ft runs made from pallets and a pc of wood over the top for a pair for a while... (one had a trio) They seemed really comfortable, no picking issues or real fighting... I also had one with two imature boys in it and they were ok?? (I liked it cause it was quick, easy to screw together and temperary, but had good space) They were in there about a month and are currently 16 weeks old.

Just a thought
Patricia

Good morning everyone. I just woke up. I am exhausted. I have been studying all week for a huge test. My brain is fried and Im worn out mentally and physically and I have a few days yet. Its been so long since I had to study for anything. Im stressed that Im not retaining enough and I have to pass this. I just put another Roo up for free. Developed white real bad. He looks like he's an old Rooster! Now I have 2 to get rid of. I want to get them out of my pens. What would be an acceptable humane sized cages to put these roos in until either I get rid of them or butcher them?
Clown, if you need them gone that badly, put them up for free on CL - you'll likely have takers the same day you list them. Sounds like they are causing you much stress...life is too short, get rid of them asap.

And STUDY HARD! BEST of luck on your test!

Clown, if you need them gone that badly, put them up for free on CL - you'll likely have takers the same day you list them. Sounds like they are causing you much stress...life is too short, get rid of them asap.

And STUDY HARD! BEST of luck on your test!
I have had the little Roo on craigslist for quite a while now. As for the white Roo I put him on there a couple of days ago. So far no inquiries.

Clown, Keepin mind that the humidity in your incubator will affect the size of the chick and the fullness of the legs and toes of your chicks. High humidity will ad to the fullness.
Well, I tried to keep it around 35% though it did dip a bit lower at times. I wasnt to concerned with it as I thought humidity wasnt crucial using a dry hatch method. I also assumed that this method was preferred with Marans eggs. Its odd if this was important why is it a 50-50 on feet issues? I would think that it would be uniform through the entire hatch and not certain chicks.

Clown, Keepin mind that the humidity in your incubator will affect the size of the chick and the fullness of the legs and toes of your chicks. High humidity will ad to the fullness.
WOW! I've NEVER heard this before! Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom