Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
My newest chick pics are Icelandics, not Marans!
gig.gif

geebs
This is bad can you Pm me the name so I can make sure I dont have that happen. I have hatched out a lot this year and havent seen any.
That is just bad!
smack.gif

Got my babies today!!! 7 Black Coppers and 2 Blue Coppers. Will try and have pics soon. Only drove 185 miles to get these little boogers. But we all got home safely and now to grow, grow, grow.

If someone suspects they have the same problem... Send me photos... I will not post a name or divulge it unless I am sure that we share a problem... If this was a singular incident that was an order mixup, I do not want to defame anyone... So far I haven't heard of anyone having this problem... I am the only poster... I wonder if it possible that they sent me someone elses order.... The person has yet to ever respond to me regarding this matter and I sent out another email in this regard. Thanks for all the B-day and Well wishing... You guys are the greatest!!!

Congratulations Littledel!!! How was the trip? My guess....Long getting there and quick getting home!!!
smile.png
It is hard to have so much road out in front of you and the anticipation building!!!

I will await the pix when you get the camera thing figured
pop.gif

Quote:
All of my Marans are golden.
wink.png
gig.gif
- No, I don't have any Cuckoo variety though.
tongue.png

Here's my oldest BC cockerel though. He's the mossy one I showed a long time ago who I decided to keep for Olive Eggers. . And he's finally coppering, plus he's got a name - Maple. Because they're mossy and huge.
big_smile.png

4540061254_d467c1e7c2.jpg

The terrible part is that of the two cockerels I got from this breeding, one has waaay too little coppering and one has too much (mossiness and red chest coming in)

Here's the other guy. For the longest time I was wondering, "Where in the world is the rest of his copper??!! Maybe he's a she with a big comb?" - Well, I'm seeing just the same saddle feather development as Maple now, so, it's clear to me. . . He doesn't have anymore. He's just black with copper hackles. See those shiny black spike feathers on his back? Those are his saddle feathers.

4546815818_56b81317c8.jpg

Now compare to Maple's back:

4546180673_5ffebc9e84.jpg

OOOOhhhh looks like the Wade line... hmmmm... I have a rooster feathered hen...I hope yours is stilll a big combed rooster feathered girl... That is what I was dealing with this spring... She is the best looking of the bunch... The comb developed early but didnt' end up getting big.. yep a point to the feathers... and yep it lays eggs now...

AAACCCCKKKK It was maddening... GREAT PIX!!! Got any more close up of the rooster feathering... the over the top of the chicken was FAB!!!

Quote:
Oh I want to, and I check him myself now and then - But my Marans are rather skittish, and I hardly ever get good photos of them.
tongue.png

They're supposedly Wade/Bev line birds. The rooster was a Wade boy, the pullets were Bev Davis. There were two roos though, and one already had a red chest. Also, half the hens didn't have copper necks. . . I was new to Marans when purchasing the chicks though.
tongue.png

I wish I had a Golden Cuckoo but I don't. I do have a question I'm hatching Black Coppers again do they always take longer to hatch? No one close to buy eggs from so they are always shipped but they are always last? So far 4 with 5 to go on day 21 just impatience probably....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom