Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hatched out some CM and BCM on the weekend heres a pic.

001-11.jpg

002-10.jpg

I started a thread to get help on sexing my GCM chicks, and was hoping to get a second opinion here!

I have 3 chicks hatched from pasofinofarm eggs. Pretty sure of the sex of 2 of them - one boy, one girl - but on the fence on the third. Here are the photos - please give me your expert opinions!

I'm pretty sure it's a boy on right, girl in middle, but what about the one on the left?

22119_dsc_0678.jpg

Top view, same order ..(These are the most cooperative chicks I've ever seen!)
22119_dsc_0690.jpg

Now one at a time..

Boy
22119_dsc_0692.jpg

Girl
22119_dsc_0698.jpg

????
22119_dsc_0699.jpg

What do you think?

I am taking the optimistic approach.. 2 girls and a boy... The lightest being the male... NICE GC's!!! I had one as light as you suspicious one.. I can confidently say... My guess is a girl!!
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
more info i copy and past

So to summarize,
A Wheaten male was hatched from an egg of unknown origin,
all this tells us is that both parents were or carried the Wheaten gene.

The "sport" pullet was from a line of Cuckoo birds. We have no description of this bird.
If it had been Wheaten it would have been a Cuckoo Silver Wheaten. Mating these birds together would only give Wheaten pullets.

If White it would have been carrying barring , and mated to the Wheaten cockerel could only produce Cuckoo males & Black pullets.

We need more precise information as both of the above scenarios are very likely.
David

I had another thread (https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4159268) asking about this but it was suggested I try this thread. I ordered 2 barred rock females and 1 cuckoo marans female from McMurray Hatchery. Despite being hatchery stock you'd think 2 of them would look the same. Well... not to me. Can you guys pick out the one lone cuckoo marans? Thanks!

Chicken 1:
46869_feet1.jpg

46869_chicken1.jpg

Chicken 2:
46869_feet2.jpg

46869_chicken2.jpg

Chicken 3:
46869_feet3.jpg

46869_chicken3.jpg

geebs and kathyinmo -

Thanks! and Hurray! I also got feedback from Melissa (pasofinofarm) and she also says 2 girls and a boy! It's my lucky day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom