Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
did she disclose the buyer... Is her business going to still have stock from another person or is there no more eggies available after the stock is gone???

I was at her house last night, she sold almost everything to one man -- he is local to her area. I wanted to buy adults from her as well as eggs -- but I was too slow! So I got lots of eggs and a sweet incubator. She is going to put me in contact with the man that bought everything.

I am not sure if this question has already been asked in about 670 pages before......, if so my apologies.

So here it goes: Are Black Copper Marans good mothers? I do have a broody pullet right now and of course she is my darkest egg layer......As I have given away all my roosters last fall, I only have her in my egg layer pen. However, I would be able to get some fertilized eggs for her to sit on as I am not crazy about breaking her from broodiness, but I am also not too crazy about her being a Mommy. Any input?

Quote:
I was not directing that at you, I just saw several exchanges for people seeking mossy birds and thought it funny! LOL The idea that the eggs are too precious to eat. I eat mine too.

Oh, ok. Thats whats funny about long threads, you never really know if a comment is directed at you, unless directly spoken to.

Do marans roosters really not have spurs? Sorry if it's already been asked but I don't have a couple of days to read the whole thread. LOL

Quote:
I have only had 2 go broody..one didn't stick with it and the other was an excellent Mamma! Go for it give her some eggs, I bet she makes you proud!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
I just got some eggs from her yesterday and they are very nice color I would say between 6 to 8's. I am very happy I just hope I can get them to hatch.

Quote:
Mine have done rather well. I have 2 that like to trade off (or rather fight to see who gets to sit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom