March 2018 Hatch-a-long

Pics
My first hatch is going into lockdown today. 3 eggs still going, all look good so far. Wish me luck!! Using a janoel 12 incubator after my $20 DIY setup couldn’t keep constant temp - I transferred them on day 4. Originally put 4 in and one never developed at all.

My first hatch is going into lockdown today. 3 eggs still going, all look good so far. Wish me luck!! Using a janoel 12 incubator after my $20 DIY setup couldn’t keep constant temp - I transferred them on day 4. Originally put 4 in and one never developed at all.

Same here! First hatch going into lockdown today, some in a Janoel 12 and some in an Rcom 10. My air cells are on the smaller side so I'm thinking I may wait until tonight to increase humidity. That would be nearly halfway into day 18. Good luck with your eggs!!

dawnacus 542.jpg
These are on day 11, 5 were clear pulled (the 2 dark BCM eggs, the blue and 2 brown ones), 2 tan ones quit on day 9......both the green and the spotted lighter colored BCM to the top right and 2 brown eggs are still with us. (5 left) The thumbnail pic is some eggs from yesterday, not in incubator.

Attachments

• dawnacus 550.jpg
    dawnacus 550.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Today is day 21 and so far only little Uno has hatched. I did find four friends for her and I am going to pick them up tomorrow after work. Hopefully some more of her buddies decide to hatch tonight. Right now she is enjoying her stuffed animal buddy and heating pad. This is so stressful the waiting!

I’ve caught multiple eggs rocking on and off for the past few hours so I raised the humidity. Not half way through day 18 like I’d intended, but with all that movement I got worried about someone pipping soon and drying out!

Remember, no helping, chicks have been hatching for millions of years, they will be fine for a few more days here. Chicks can start to hatch up to 3 days before they are due. (piphole) the hole doesn't mean they are even ready to come out. They pip, then breathing the oxygen allows them to finish absorbing the fluids still in the egg. They pip then rest up to 24 hrs, before finishing the zip. Don't worry about it drying out, if you keep the incubator closed and have humidity in the incubator, it will be fine.

If I don’t see any movement - eggs rocking or anything - by day 20 or 21 is that a sign they probably won’t hatch? Obsessively watching on my webcam...they are up in my closet :) I’m worried I haven’t done a good job with humidity. Too low (air cells too big for day) then too high (air cells not big enough/odd shapes).

9FBB5557-F996-4544-87D1-DAC72EDA1820.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom