March 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Decided to wait one more day to collect more eggs.

All the light brown eggs in this photo are guaranteed pure Australorp from my best hens. The dark browns are Australorp X FCM, the Olives are Australorp X OE, and the Whites are Australorp X California White.

IMG_20230219_184039533.jpg

I have 21 total and plan to overload my NR360 at first to compensate for expected clears and quitters.

I just started incubating a few days ago. I collected about 18 eggs from my own chickens (mostly Ameraucana) and I ordered some Serama hatching eggs online because I want more Serama colors. I also ordered 2 new totally different incubators since my old incubators sucked. The eggs and incubators came in a few days ago so I set all the eggs in. One of the incubators is a Nurture Right 360, I dont know what the other one is called but I heard they work well.

Of course after setting eggs in the incubator one of my hens has gone broody! I'm thinking if she keeps it up I'll see if she'll accept the chicks once they hatch.

Good luck with her.

I was going to try this last fall, but my broody, who had already been broody about 10 days before I set the eggs in the incubator, broke 2 days before the chicks hatched.

(I had been intending to sell her so I hadn't given her the eggs).

Back
Top Bottom