March 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
I'd get it off while she's still wet, even applying a warm, wet paper towel to that wing to soften it. You can wrap her up with it in a warm washcloth so she doesn't chill while it's soaking. Then peel it off, and pop her back into the incubator to dry off.
Thank you. I will do that now! Happy to report I have 21 healthy chicks that hatched since Friday! 4 left in the incubator but I don't think they will hatch.

My main brooder has older chicks so the new hatches are in a temporary situation for a few days. 2 chicks and 4 eggs still in the incubator. These are all BCM's and Cream Legbars.

Attachments

• PXL_20230312_132229469.jpg
    PXL_20230312_132229469.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 4
It doesn't have wry neck does it? Description is different but read for yourself just in case.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/wry-neck-causes-treatment-and-prevention.67732/
I read through a good bit but this is like the opposite. My chick seems to have control of her head. She pecks at her feet fine but when she's not, it's upwards again. I'm going to try and get her to drink and eat later and see how she does. I almost feel like she can't see as well but maybe not completely blind. But maybe I'm projecting my feels on her.

Back
Top Bottom