March 21 CHICKEN SWAP TSC MILFORD NH ( recycled post with new date)

Quote:
The garage door can be left down and people can go in the regular door by loading dock. Also chicken visitors can go in the front door and out to the store room that way! They're chickens and have feathers, the people will be the cold ones!!!

correct , people need heat, animals do not, heated averys and heated barns are for the human comfort, it generally makes animals uncomfortable.
hence why we try not to hold these swaps in july and august, too darn hot for the animals.

Quick update on Cassi :
My oldest and I just found out that all 4 kids had been exposed to the Noro Virus, the one called Norwalk Virus that affected cruise ships etc,
now the other 3 kids came out of it fine,a few days of vomiting etc. unfortunately Cassi having an auto immune disease was very suseptable to crashing as she did, Thevomiting alone was enough to put her in such trouble.
god how I would like to smack her Dr for making me feel like an ass.

You know, I know people have to work and all but geesh keep sick kids home especially when they have such a contagious virus such as this.
I almost lost my oldest grandaughter to the thoughtlessness of someone else.

Ok, I was not worried about the cold, I was worried about the draft. I didn't know it was inside. My birds live outside too.........

in llama's defense and mine, i was thinking of the actually drive over to the swap not so much once the birds are there.

glad to hear cassie is getting better, mom doesnt need that kind of stress and scare i am sure,

I agree with you gypsy.
My kids school has a policy of "send em no matter what"
Well my daughter has missed more school because of this stupid policy and now has hearing loss in one ear(double ear infection) because someone sent their sick kid to school. And then I get what ever she brings home as well. I dont get "sick days"
I cant wait for parent teacher conferences or to have time to become involved with the PTO. I have some suggestions.

I am glad Cassi is feeling better though. Poor kid

Gypsy, I just found this thread, so sorry to hear about all that Cassi has been through. She is in my thoughts and prayers.
She is such a cute little girl.

When is the second swap scheduled for? I know the feb 22nd is set but I think there is a second date picked as well.

Quote:
thanks for the well wishes everyone they are deeply appreciated.

The second swap is set for March 22 at the Milford Tractor Supply Store.

ok I also got a card in the mail today that the next Aviculture meeting and sale is set for Feb 1 starting at 8 am., In westford Mass.
Remember you have to be a member to sell but not a member to buy.

I am working on a list of much wanted and needed Items from Tractor supply.
We are going to rain check them this time so they actually get ordered and put out in the back room for us and not on the floor for sale.
Thats the one thing about the last swap what was ordered and it somehow got out onto the floor for regular sale. many people missed out on something they really needed. I dont want that to happen this time or any other time.

so make me a list and I will get Ben right on it.

I know I need the quail water bases and likely some more of the bottles that fit them. I am finding that some canning jars do not fit properly and leak into the brooders.

looking for some advice. Going to buy my first incubator. little giant or hova bator. which brand is better? still air or forced air? also when you bring chicks to sell that are brooder age, how do you keep them warm enough? do you wait till they are past brooder age?

To start out use a Little Giant Forced Air (cheaper). I'd keep pine shavings in the box and make SURE you have more than 2 or 3 chicks...10 of them pile together and keep each other warm. Keep the BOX in a heated car...I find the cheeps relaxing while driving! (-:

another thing you can do to keep them warm is to use those little hand or foot warmer packs. just dont leave them so the babys can peck at them.

as for a bator the styro ones areok b ut I am looking into getting one of the dome type that mcmmurrys are selling its a bit pricy but I have not had very good luck stablizing the humidity on the styro ones.
but if you get one of those make sure it has a circulator fan. that way the temperature stays even to all corners.

Back
Top Bottom