March 7th hatch along. Newbie :)

SimoneG

Songster
Sep 25, 2017
North Dakota
Posting information for my first hatch using the Incuview w/humidikit. A couple small issues to start with but the folks at incubator warehouse were very helpful to get it fixed up. Everything is now working great and eggs are in ready to go. I'll post more info & updates here as we go. Any questions please ask, I'll try & answer.

Attachments

• IMG_20180307_212759163.jpg
    IMG_20180307_212759163.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20180307_212746608.jpg
    IMG_20180307_212746608.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 21
If 88% is your humidity it's pretty high. Also just wondering what breeds you're hatching? Looks like you've got lots of different eggs in there :)

If 88% is your humidity it's pretty high. Also just wondering what breeds you're hatching? Looks like you've got lots of different eggs in there :)
its at 44% humidity. the digital gauge on top the incy was hard to get it to show up right in the pic without the glare off the window so its the angle of my camera
barnyard mix chickens.

Posting information for my first hatch using the Incuview w/humidikit. A couple small issues to start with but the folks at incubator warehouse were very helpful to get it fixed up. Everything is now working great and eggs are in ready to go. I'll post more info & updates here as we go. Any questions please ask, I'll try & answer.

Have a total of 47 eggs in the incubator. Silverlace wyndottes, silkies and easter eggers. 13 set 02/25. 8 set 2/27 and the rest set in march from the 1st through10. I dropped my incubator taking it down from the shelf. Had trouble getting the turner to eork but it's working now. I'll have to keep an eye on it.:barnie:frow

I set some eggs on the 4th in the evening so I am just a few days ahead of you. If you need a hatch buddy I am here. I am using my brinsea eco 20. 52% humidity and 99.4°f. So far all 24 eggs are fertile, however I have only hit 100% hatch once. However I will normally hatch over 95%.. good luck!
I set my eggs on the evening of March 4th myself! Hope everybody's hatch goes well! I set 15 eggs originally and have removed 2 duds. Everyone else looks happy and healthy swimming around in their eggs. I love seeing how much they grow from day to day!

How is everyone doing so far?
Out of the original 24 I had 2 stop development. So I am now down to 22 and just 2 days until I remove the turner and increase humidity. I will candle one last time the same day to make sure all are still looking good. I hope all is well with everyone else.

I candled at day 10 but I'm not confidant enough to remove eggs. going to check again this saturday when I take out the turners. Does anyone else have a hard time seeing in the blue eggs? they seem to be a lot thicker than even the brown eggs.

My silkie hatch of march 18th isn't going so well. Set 13 eggs and1st time candled at 7 days lost 4 that weren't fertile. The other 9 looked ok. I've had trouble with my humidity and the egg turner. Fixed the turner rright off but have been fighting the humidity. One died in the shell. 5 have hatched but 3 haven't. I would discard them but i can hear them pecking at the shell. I've been trying to hear exactly where they are going to pip but can't pinpoint. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom